The Wesley Mission Queensland COVID Recovery Border Community Service, funded by Queensland Health, is excited to be able to offer Queensland Border Community small business owners and their staff the chance to complete Mental Health First Aid Training online. All costs to complete this course will be covered. Due to the high interest in this course spots will be limited to two participants per organisation.
This course, developed by Mental Health First Aid Australia, will teach business owners and staff how to assist a colleague, client or other adult, who may be experiencing a mental health concern. You will learn how to recognise common mental health issues, provide initial help using a practical evidence-based action plan, seek appropriate professional help and respond in a crisis situation.
Online MHFA Courses include two components:
- Component 1: A self-paced eLearning component (takes 5-7 hours to complete) done through www.mhfa.com.au. You will be supplied instructions and a coupon via email after registration. This must be completed prior to attending the virtual sessions.
- Component 2: We will meet using Zoom for 2 x 4-hour sessions. You will be sent a calendar invite with a zoom link for both sessions prior to your event along with safety instructions and course material. For this component you will be using zoom with camera (switched on) and microphone capability, as such you will require reliable internet and be set up in a quiet private area.
Component 2 will be led by Julie Gillespie. Julie is an accredited Principal Master Instructor for Mental Health First Aid with a workplace focus. This means she has completed over 50 groups MHFA training sessions since 2018 with local, national and government organisations that are driven to support the wellbeing of their people. As a highly experienced facilitator, Julie can help you embed mentally healthy practices within your organisation, supporting your efforts to look after your people.
There are two courses on offer:
- Component 1 – starts from 15 July 2022
- Component 2 – 9am-1pm 3 Aug 2022 and 9am to 1pm 10 Aug 2022
- Component 1 – starts from 22 July 2022
- Component 2 – 9am-1pm 17 Aug 2022 and 9am to 1pm 24 Aug 2022
To book please click HERE
Should you have any questions with regards to booking this course please call the COVID Recovery Border Community service on 07 5625 1949.