Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3 monthly update – October 2023
Broadbeach to Miami North
- The installation for the first piece of rail for the Stage 3 route is underway in Broadbeach, with a series of concrete pours occurring this month. Rail specialists have been involved in the welding and electrical work at the site since the rail arrived in mid-September. The rail will eventually connect the existing network and Stage 3 systems. By this time next year, rail and station works will be occurring along the 6.7km Stage 3 route.
- Works to upgrade and relocate existing underground utilities continue between Broadbeach and Mermaid Beach. Road works including asphalting are starting to progress throughout the area with the initial focus along the northbound carriageway in Mermaid Beach and at the new retaining wall in Miami north. Work has recently commenced in the Nobby Beach precinct to relocate utilities and construct a new entry and exit point for vehicles moving through the precinct.
Miami to Burleigh Heads
- Day and night works are continuing to upgrade and relocate existing underground infrastructure between Miami and Burleigh Heads. Piling works to construct the new retaining wall will soon commence on the Lower Gold Coast Highway, and will continue into 2024. Utility relocation is progressing between West Burleigh Road and Brake Street, including works in Memorial Park. Over coming weeks, a construction site will be established along the northbound lanes, which will reduce a section of Connor Street to one-way.
- It is worth noting some of these activities are being completed at night when traffic volumes are at their lowest levels – for the safety of motorists and Stage 3 workers.
- We continue to encourage Gold Coasters to shop local as part of our Love Your Local campaign and associated Shop Local and Win competition, with the prize pool boosted to $5,000 each month until November. The competition aims to support small business via vouchers and store credits, purchased from local businesses along the Stage 3 corridor. Simply spend $10 or more at any business on the Gold Coast Highway between Hooker Boulevard, Broadbeach and Brake Street, Burleigh Heads, and follow the steps here to enter.
For up-to-date information about Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3, visit www.gclr3.com.au and follow @lightrailstage3 on Instagram.