A message from Peter Young - Councillor for Division 5 September 2016
We have had a lot of events in Division 5 these past couple of months - it has been great to see so many different people coming together for all sorts of festivals and celebrations.
My office has been providing support and funding and it has been wonderful. If your group is having an event, we might be able to help. Get in touch.
Several development proposals in the area have caused concern and I am doing what I can to inform and support local residents. The proposals include extensions to a wholesale nursery in Guanaba, where the main concerns were loss of water to downstream rural properties, and traffic impacts from large semi-trailers on narrow rural roads. These issues have been solidly addressed through the City's assessment.
Another proposal of concern is the Vodafone tower near homes in Hillary Circuit, Pacific Pines, and yet another is a proposed near the childcare centre on the corner of Smith Street and Hammond Drive in Gaven. Each of these has attracted dozens of objections. In the area around Crane Crescent and Country Crescent there are numerous proposals for the subdivision of land and these have also raised the concerns of locals.
My job is to represent your best interests. I am here to help, so we might get the best outcomes possible.
A reminder that Division 5 will benefit from a free kerbside clean-up that is scheduled for 17-28 October. Notices will be issued to all homes that receive the weekly services - but that will be just 7-10 days beforehand. Please share this news with your neighbours and get prepared.
Some projects I am currently pursuing
Some of these are short term, some much longer. Some are big, some are really big, and some are small, some are easy to achieve, others may never transpire but all
are receiving serious investigation and application of time and resources.
- Pedestrian safety improvements, Nerang PCYC
- Smith Street 4-laning to Pacific Pines
- New pedestrian bridge over the Nerang River from
- Bischof Park to Ursula Birmingham Park
- New car parking in White Street and Cotton Street, Nerang
- Footpath upgrades in the Nerang CBD and near the velodrome
- Pathway lighting in Swift Park Nerang
- Bench seats in Kamholz Park Nerang
- Upgrades for the Cardinals Baseball Club
- Upgrades (dozens of them) at Nerang Country Paradise
- Playground equipment in Aberdeen Court park, Nerang
- Estate signage at Clearwater, Nerang
- Additional CCTV installation sites in Pacific Pines and Nerang Traffic calming Greenway Boulevard, Park Lake
- Pedestrian safety upgrades Roberts Drive and Matthews Drive, Park Lake
- Additional lighting, dog park, off Greenway Boulevard
- Field lighting, Flooded Gum Park, Pacific Pines
- afety fencing, Brockman Oval, Pacific Pines
- Footpath additions, Pacific Pines Boulevard
- Internal building works, Nerang Red Cross
- CCTV for four sports and community buildings
- Guardrail replacement McLaren Road, Nerang
- Footpath - Glade Drive and Entrance Road, Gaven
- Christmas tree lighting in Pacific Pines and Nerang
- Road improvements, Stewarts Road Guanaba
- Parkour facility at Brockman Oval, Pacific Pines
- Extensions to Pacific Pines Football Club, Brockman Oval
This list is not comprehensive. If you have things that need looking into - contact me.Free public transport for seniors
Why not explore our city or visit friends without cost?
Free travel is available for seniors from 8.30am to
3.30pm Monday to Friday, just show your Translink Seniors Go Card and the sticker issued by Council. To get a sticker phone 1300 465 326, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple ways to report graffiti
Call the graffiti hotline on 07 5667 5974
Download the app from goldcoast.qld.gov.au/mobile-apps-17190.html
Visit cityofgoldcoast.com.au/graffiti for more information. Thank you for your help.
Councillor Peter Young Division 5 Representative
07 5582 8400 email@example.com
PO Box 5042 Gold Coast Mail Centre Qld 9729
You can also contact me on Facebook at peteryoungdiv5
|Tags: Gold Coast City Councillors|