About the Mission
Mayor Tom Tate will lead a business trade mission to the United Kingdom – with a focus around the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Business and Tourism Program (BATP).
The City Economy team, in conjunction with the Office of the Mayor, will facilitate a two-week mission in London and Birmingham from 26 July to 8 August 2022.
The mission will involve key stakeholder meetings, networking events and business opportunities. The program will be flexible and it is not expected that mission attendees commit to the entire program.
Key benefits of the mission include:
- business collaboration and networking opportunities
- stakeholder presentations and key introductions
- trade meeting and facilitated business matching
- regional/precinct and industry tours and events.
Who should attend?
The Mayoral Mission is aimed to assist export ready companies and industry partners operating in the following industry sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Business, Professional & Financial Services
- Creative Technologies (Games and AI)
- Food Processing
- Future Mobility (Automotive / Aerospace, etc)
- Data-Driven Health & Life Sciences
- Low Carbon & Energy Storage
- Life Sciences
- Sports Economy
Interested companies that meet the above industry sectors must also satisfy the following criteria:
- your business must have its headquarters on the Gold Coast or be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to the city’s economy and job creation
- can demonstrate a consistent track record of profitability (min. two years) OR can demonstrate a strong balance sheet with recent significant investment capital (applicable to start-up/scale-up companies)
- have a focus on business to business and trade engagement at a local, domestic and international level
- have transferable product/services to the target regions overseas (specifically the United Kingdom)
- can assist in the attraction of investment to the Gold Coast
- willingness to learn about key international market areas
- willingness to assist in growing the reputation of the Gold Coast in international business markets
- have demonstrated budget and resources committed to the sales cycle.
If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org